The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library is now FINE FREE!
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Libraries are excited to announce the elimination of overdue fines to ensure equitable access to library resources to the residents of Erie County. Overdue fines create a barrier to library access because when patrons are unable to pay fines, they are less likely to visit the library. The fine free initiative will allow more residents the ability to experience and enjoy everything our 37 libraries and two bookmobiles have to offer.
For more information, see a more detailed Q&A here.
The library is open for both in-person browsing and walk-up borrowing:
- The library’s open schedule is identical to the walk up-schedule (Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 AM until 5 PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 PM until 7 PM, and Saturdays from 9 AM until 2 PM)
- Public computer access will also be modified to observe social distancing protocol (1 hour sessions per patron per day; upon request library staff can extend individual session times as long as no other patrons are waiting to use a computer)
- Walk-up service will still be offered for those who prefer to utilize it
- The dropbox is emptied daily and available for patron use 24/7. Items placed in the drop box on or by the date they are due, even when the library is closed, will not be considered late.
- Fill in our 24-hour online form at https://forms.gle/KxNqkJU5J1GSVWxj8 or call 716-937-7082 during open hours (see below) with a request of up to 5 items
- All items must be available at the Alden Ewell Free Public Library, search the online catalog (here) and limit your search to Alden Ewell Free Library (this option can be found in the left hand column of an active search page)
- Requests from other libraries are still available at this time (must be arranged through the online catalog, NOT our library’s request form) but will require more than 24 hours to be available for pick up. When you receive notice that your hold is available for pick up, contact us to schedule a time.
- A pick up time will be arranged once your items are ready for pick up
- Walk-up service is available during open hours (Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 AM until 5 PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 PM until 7 PM, Saturdays 9 AM – 2 PM)
- If you have hold items that are showing as available on your account, you can call us to schedule a pickup.
- For more information, see our more detailed Q&A here
The Alden Ewell Free Library will be closed for renovations starting Saturday, October 8; we are hoping to reopen on Saturday, October 29. Our drop box will remain open while we are closed; however, any holds should be picked up in the library by Thursday, October 6 or arrangements made to have them sent to a different library branch for pickup after that date.
Monday 9 AM – 5 PM
Tuesday 12 PM – 7 PM
Wednesday 9 AM – 5 PM
Thursday 12 PM – 7 PM
Saturday 9 AM – 2 PM